This is your chance to shout your love for one another from the top of a mountain! Up here, Mother Nature is the wedding planner, appointing the San Juan Mountains as a backdrop accompanied by a snowmelt stream symphony and wild alpine floral arrangements all around.
Your backcountry wedding will feel intimate, hosting up to 35 guests in this open-air, picturesque venue, and carefree from the constraints of traditional venues and wedding day fare. Together, we can curate the exact experience and aesthetic you want for your outdoor wedding.
Say Yes to the Details
- Host 35 guests in an alpine meadow on a deck with views of Imogene Pass and Yankee Boy Basin
- Accommodate up to 19 guests overnight in the lodge, complete with a bridal suite
- Get ready for your big day in private rooms and shared spaces, with hot showers, in the lodge
- Customize a fully catered menu for your mountain-top receptions, dinners and brunch
- Feel free to provide your own alcohol or the host can provide as well
- Photographers, officiants, musicians, and other wedding professionals are welcome
- Folding wooden chairs and all the particulars are available on site or can be arranged by the host
- There is no electricity at the wedding site
- Open fires or flames are a game-time decision based on restrictions
- Weather contingency can be moved into the lodge, although it may be a tight fit
- Most decor and props must be provided by the bride and groom
- Vehicle accessibility with a 4×4 vehicle to Mount Hayden Backcountry Lodge is limited to June-September
- Additional overnight guests could be accommodated in a BYO/DIY campground
- The elevation is 11,100’ at the lodge
Leave the rest of the world behind when you host your wedding at Mount Hayden Backcountry Lodge. Contact Eric to discuss pricing, details, and availability.